A few weeks ago, I celebrated my birthday. I love my birthday and I thoroughly enjoy celebrating it each year, no matter the age. Every year I like to give myself a gift, a material object.
This year was different. I made the decision not to give myself a physical gift. I have everything I need and there was nothing special that I wanted. I did not even go and get my free Starbucks.
I decided to gift myself acceptance. While this may not sound like much, it is the best gift I have ever given myself.
I took stock of where I am in my life, as so often happens around a birthday, and I came away with the following insights:
- I am living life to the fullest.
- I have a career, home, and family that I love.
- I am enjoying helping other to reach their goals, ambitions, and passions.
- Age is only a number and I am so happy that I have gotten this far.
- I have people in my life who absolutely adore me.
- I am learning every day.
- I am living a life with goals and constant self-evolution.
- I am blessed and I have so much.
After coming up with these insights, how could I gift myself anything other than acceptance?
I have accepted myself. What better gift could there be?
Are you gifting yourself acceptance?